Does anybody love this car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KeithL
When they take $5K off the Advance I may become interested.
I am waiting for the 10K dealer incentive. That's when I got my 2006 RL.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by Pan0k
I am waiting for the 10K dealer incentive. That's when I got my 2006 RL.

Same here. Im glad I waited on the 06. However, I'm not sure 10K is gonna make me love this RLX. I still have hope for the TLX.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Originally Posted by dwest1023
..I still have hope for the TLX.
Mine is dwindling....Why can't we see some spy pics or something?! Grrr I am getting impatient here
The following users liked this post:
JT4 (05-02-2013)
Old 05-02-2013, 03:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Patience grasshopper, MDX first!
Old 05-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by 4thaccord
I don't mean this sarcastically at all: do you mean the amount they gave you for your old RL was a good deal? Because I saved way more than $1,500 on my new Accord, even though the model had just come out. So saving that on a very expensive car doesn't seem that much to me. And considering the market for the RLX, they should be discounting it WAY more than that IMO.

I think giving me 9500.00 on a 2006 RL that's body was not in the best of shape and had survived 20+ trips to Disney and 2 to New Jersey with 3 kids crammed in the back each time we got a good deal.

No one else would give me more than 8K for her and that was last July.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:19 PM
Mademoiselle Chanel!!

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by g37guy01
Maybe what you are saying is the issue with sales. People who buy a BMW want to drive the car. People who buy an Acura want the car to drive them.
I totally disagree with that. I'm on my 3rd Acura and two times did I consdier a BMW and went with Acura...for one I don't buy into all the BMW hype, but that's another story.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by compewterbleu
I totally disagree with that. I'm on my 3rd Acura and two times did I consdier a BMW and went with Acura...for one I don't buy into all the BMW hype, but that's another story.
We are in agreement, I don't buy into BMW hype either; meaning to me it's not hype. I just think their form and function is spot on.

And of course one mans hype is another mans....
Old 05-09-2013, 05:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts
I like BMW and almost bought one twice. However, my reality is that most of my driving is either in stop and go traffic or residential areas where the speed limit is low, which negates having the ultimate driving machine. So I might as well have car that has gadgets to keep me occupied and sane while stuck

Also, I do want to be driven sometimes. I look forward to experiencing low speed follow.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:30 PM
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by jhr3uva90
I like BMW and almost bought one twice. However, my reality is that most of my driving is either in stop and go traffic or residential areas where the speed limit is low, which negates having the ultimate driving machine. So I might as well have car that has gadgets to keep me occupied and sane while stuck

Also, I do want to be driven sometimes. I look forward to experiencing low speed follow.
It's not just about 0-60 and triple digit speeds. What impressed me was the handling, braking and the "solidness" of the chassis.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:47 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
Originally Posted by weather
Mine is dwindling....Why can't we see some spy pics or something?! Grrr I am getting impatient here
You know what the sad thing about seeing spy shots now is? If you like it, you'll have to wait another year to buy it. lol. Damned if you do, damned if you don't ...
Old 05-09-2013, 10:24 PM
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts
Based on what I've seen around the Web, it seems like the reaction to the new RLX is a big, collective "meh." Does anyone love this car? Does anyone "really like" this car? It seems like the second-generation RL garnered more passion than the RLX.
Owned my RLX almost 2 weeks. Getting used to all function this car has. I love it more and more.
victorber (07-28-2013)
Old 05-10-2013, 10:06 AM
2nd Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile RLX Advanced Package Happy Owner

We purchased the RLX after much research and test drives of other luxury vehicles and could not be happier with our decision. We own a 2006 TL and the size and feel of the cars are similar. The RLX certainly offers the luxury feel on the interior and the drive. The PAWS is a dream in parking, turning radius and maneuvering parking garages and curvy roads. Love the Sports option when driving back roads. So far we have been happy with the gas mileage 22/29.

The safety features are what truly sold us on the RLX. The Blind Spot Monitoring works exactly as it should. The ACC (adaptive cruise control) is very helpful on interstate driving. The LKAS (lane keep assist) is also great on extended trips. It does not "drive for you" but as indicated "assists". We have seen the CMBS in operation, but fortunately not in a collision mode. There is a railroad track that is somewhat elevated in our city and each time we drive this area, the CMBS thinks we should break...hopefully a good sign it is working properly! Not certain I wish to test this further :-). The Parking Assist is basically just sensors...nice, but nothing special...would be nice to have a front center sensor for parking. This is our first rear view camera and we love the 3 views. The LDW...unless you wish to learn what a poor driver you really are...turn it off. We may use it on a long drive but it is annoying otherwise...personal opinion!

The only big learning curve is the use of voice recognition for the navigation, phone and audio. It appeared that Lexus might have a heads up in this area, but that is based only on test driving which we all know can be deceptive. We have a Razr Maxx HD smartphone that seems to work much easier with the system than my older Droid X. Thankfully I will be upgrading my phone next month and hopefully will then also be able to have audible text messages and a few other features.

Things we love in no particular oder: Exterior sleekness, interior comfort, back seat space, heated and cooled front seats, heated back seats, Krell audio system, P-AWS, lighting inside and out, ACC, rear view camera, Sports mode, LKAS, BSM, multiple displays for Nav/Phone/Info/Audio.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bobkats:
TSX69 (05-14-2013), victorber (07-28-2013)
Old 05-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 180 Likes on 129 Posts
Congrats on the Advance and we look forward to further opinions from you. I am curious as to why you want to turn off the LDW - that is one of the features that I think is great.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:55 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rsx2rdx
I agree the light-colored RLX's look pretty nice...particularly in white. I think the RLX will be more successful if it differentiates itself from the TL/TLX. So while Acura calls it the "flagship" and advertises it with some younger looking old-rich dude on there commercial, the real target is the retirement/baby-boomer crowd..say late 40, 50+. This group may overlook some of the style and performance aspects of the car for one that emphasizes comfort, safety and reliability. Some of those can not justify paying 70K for the Lexus LS so the RLX provides a nice alternative.
The RLX does nothing for this 60 year old, who enjoys driving his rwd 2012 535i. Yeah, it looks good too, but mostly it is fun to drive with a lot of comfort and luxury. If Acura was looking to target me, something more BMW like would have been better than what they came up with in the new RLX. As I said in another post, I am looking forward to seeing the sport hybrid version.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:20 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Received 599 Likes on 454 Posts
Originally Posted by Bobkats
We purchased the RLX after much research and test drives of other luxury vehicles and could not be happier with our decision. We own a 2006 TL and the size and feel of the cars are similar. The RLX certainly offers the luxury feel on the interior and the drive. The PAWS is a dream in parking, turning radius and maneuvering parking garages and curvy roads. Love the Sports option when driving back roads. So far we have been happy with the gas mileage 22/29.

The safety features are what truly sold us on the RLX. The Blind Spot Monitoring works exactly as it should. The ACC (adaptive cruise control) is very helpful on interstate driving. The LKAS (lane keep assist) is also great on extended trips. It does not "drive for you" but as indicated "assists". We have seen the CMBS in operation, but fortunately not in a collision mode. There is a railroad track that is somewhat elevated in our city and each time we drive this area, the CMBS thinks we should break...hopefully a good sign it is working properly! Not certain I wish to test this further :-). The Parking Assist is basically just sensors...nice, but nothing special...would be nice to have a front center sensor for parking. This is our first rear view camera and we love the 3 views. The LDW...unless you wish to learn what a poor driver you really are...turn it off. We may use it on a long drive but it is annoying otherwise...personal opinion!

The only big learning curve is the use of voice recognition for the navigation, phone and audio. It appeared that Lexus might have a heads up in this area, but that is based only on test driving which we all know can be deceptive. We have a Razr Maxx HD smartphone that seems to work much easier with the system than my older Droid X. Thankfully I will be upgrading my phone next month and hopefully will then also be able to have audible text messages and a few other features.

Things we love in no particular oder: Exterior sleekness, interior comfort, back seat space, heated and cooled front seats, heated back seats, Krell audio system, P-AWS, lighting inside and out, ACC, rear view camera, Sports mode, LKAS, BSM, multiple displays for Nav/Phone/Info/Audio.
Congrats on your new RLX, enjoy!
Old 05-17-2013, 08:54 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 248 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by Bobkats

Congrats, enjoy. Keep us up to date on your experience with it.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:42 PM
RLX Advanced #3606

Received 89 Likes on 43 Posts
Having owned my RLX for about 230 miles and not having any problems with the very efficient suspension, absolutely no Over or Under Steer when pushing in twisty's.
Love this car!!!
Old 07-21-2013, 09:50 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waited two years for this car - saw it at the Chicago Auto Show and was completely underwhelmed. Going to M-B for my next car.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:56 PM
RLX Advanced #3606

Understanding the dislike

Well, here I sit after reading all the dislikes with this vehicle, and to tell the truth, I have not found a reason one to jump on the band wagon...
quite a few have stated their dislike because of the FWD, I'm here to tell you that the P-AWS system made a believer in not even realizing that the RLX is FWD! No over/under steer at all..
It behaves as a RWD especially when pushed. I think most people have not adjusted to the newer technology that P-AWS offers.
The last AWD vehicle I owned was a Mit 300GT VR4 and that had all the power you could want for a 4WD & 4WS car...
And if I have to compare the RLX with the 3000 then I still fall on my sword for the RLX. The comfort and Sport handling and the BSI, FCW, LDW & CMBS, far exceeds what I need especially for my age (70)....Love the newer Technology..

Just my 2cents...
The following 3 users liked this post by victorber:
hondamore (07-22-2013), jhr3uva90 (07-21-2013), neuronbob (07-22-2013)
Old 07-21-2013, 11:52 PM
Cruisin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Wink '86 Legend - '06 RL - '14 RLX

In 1986 bought a Red Legend when it 1st came out (gave it to daughter after 200,000) , Loved that car. It went over 300,000 a couple years back (her family still have it - mileage?) - Next traded a Lexus in for a new 2006 RL - and recently traded the '06 RL in for the 2014 RXL Advanced (can't hear good but wanted the great radio and Advanced Cruise Control). The RLX is indeed a nice driving car.
neuronbob (07-22-2013)
Old 07-24-2013, 08:17 PM
RLX Advanced #3606

Rlx

I can say without a doubt that coming from a 09 TL Tech that the drive in the RLX is much more smoother and peppier due to the increase in HP. I'm waiting to see what the differences will be in the engine cylinder mgmt. for the MPG.

I'm not quite sure where most of the forum members live but up here in PA the below are the prices I was provided, not including the additional$2500.00 provided for Acura Loyalty incentive.
So, I would say that there is quite a bit of wiggle room in the selling prices but it depends on your dealer, whether he wants to sell or transfer to another dealership...

2014 RLX FWD base $44,591
2014 RLX FWD Navi $46,803
2014 RLX FWD Tech $49,894
2014 RLX FWD Tech w/Krell audio $52,463
2014 RLX FWD Advance $56,079

Flame Suite On!!!!!!!!

Last edited by victorber; 07-24-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:38 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 937 Likes on 487 Posts
Seriously, I have no idea what all the bitching, moaning and complaining is about with the new RLX.

I F'n love mine. I live in a city with roads, not the Autobahn. I'm a 39 year-old techie, not a race-car driver. Why people get so crazy about being able to drive like you're on the Daytona 500 in luxury sedan car is beyond me. The RLX is about luxury and technology not about drag racing. If you don't like it then go get your BMW M-series or your Audi S-series and let this car be what it was designed to be....an Acura. I was looking at a 5 series and an A5, and both either didn't offer half the tech features of the RLX or they just felt cheap. I love the look of the A5, but inside it feels cheap and nothing special. the RLX feels like I'm a king sitting on air. They really put some time and build quality into the interior, and the interior is where I drive the car, not from the outside.

I've had my Advanced now for less than a month and I'm still giddy over it. The drive and handling is like butter, and the features and technology give me everything I could ask for and more. And yes, the LKAS will literally drive the car for you with no hands on the wheel (for about 15-seconds before it's starts throwing an alert to put your hands back on the wheel). It seems to perform best at night and around 60-80Mph. I tested it on the interstate at night, and literally took full turns for me and recovered back to straight without a single touch of the wheel. It was trippy but amazing at the same time.

Does anybody love this car? I sure as hell do!

Last edited by holografique; 07-25-2013 at 12:41 AM.
The following 6 users liked this post by holografique:
2011TL (07-25-2013), hondamore (07-25-2013), JM2010 SH-AWD (07-25-2013), neuronbob (07-26-2013), seanlin (07-25-2013), victorber (07-25-2013) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-25-2013, 07:08 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by victorber
I can say without a doubt that coming from a 09 TL Tech that the drive in the RLX is much more smoother and peppier due to the increase in HP. I'm waiting to see what the differences will be in the engine cylinder mgmt. for the MPG.

I'm not quite sure where most of the forum members live but up here in PA the below are the prices I was provided, not including the additional$2500.00 provided for Acura Loyalty incentive.
So, I would say that there is quite a bit of wiggle room in the selling prices but it depends on your dealer, whether he wants to sell or transfer to another dealership...

Flame Suite On!!!!!!!!
Hmm, $56K for Advance then $2500 on top of that, I might have considered the RLX at those prices.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by holografique
Seriously, I have no idea what all the bitching, moaning and complaining is about with the new RLX.

I F'n love mine. I live in a city with roads, not the Autobahn. I'm a 39 year-old techie, not a race-car driver. Why people get so crazy about being able to drive like you're on the Daytona 500 in luxury sedan car is beyond me. The RLX is about luxury and technology not about drag racing. If you don't like it then go get your BMW M-series or your Audi S-series and let this car be what it was designed to be....an Acura. I was looking at a 5 series and an A5, and both either didn't offer half the tech features of the RLX or they just felt cheap. I love the look of the A5, but inside it feels cheap and nothing special. the RLX feels like I'm a king sitting on air. They really put some time and build quality into the interior, and the interior is where I drive the car, not from the outside.

I've had my Advanced now for less than a month and I'm still giddy over it. The drive and handling is like butter, and the features and technology give me everything I could ask for and more. And yes, the LKAS will literally drive the car for you with no hands on the wheel (for about 15-seconds before it's starts throwing an alert to put your hands back on the wheel). It seems to perform best at night and around 60-80Mph. I tested it on the interstate at night, and literally took full turns for me and recovered back to straight without a single touch of the wheel. It was trippy but amazing at the same time.

Does anybody love this car? I sure as hell do!
I think you're missing the point. There is no doubt that the build quality is top notch in the RLX just like it was in the previous RL and the performance is more than adequate. Let's face it, most of us never completely exploit the performance abilities in today's cars (Who really NEEDS a 560 hp Mustang?). Also with respect to the technology, the previous gen RL ws cutting edge when it was introduced, but none of those things helped the RL succeed in the long run. It was an under appreciated car and when the prices started to drop it was a great deal for many of us (I loved mine for the entire 6 years and 95K miles I owned mine). The issue that has been discussed here though is that Acura has struggled to develop a flagship vehicle that can compete with the rest.

The RLX will most likely have a cult following from people who appreciate the car for what it is as you do with your car and many of us did with the previous generation, but unfortunately it looks like it will be relegated to being a niche car like its predecessor.

Congrats on the car and enjoy!
Old 07-25-2013, 10:28 AM
Three Wheelin'

Sounds to me like those of us who have enjoyed the RL for so long might be able to get good deals on the RLX in the future. I'll take a good price over popularity, as long as I can get parts and good support for the car.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:11 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts

Flame Suite On!!!!!!!!
Are the prices for real or a joke? If it's a joke, I didn't get it

I agree that's how the RLX should be priced in the first place.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

I also agree that's how the RLX should have been priced in the first place. I guess it is easier for a company to price a product high and then reduce the price than vice versa.

Originally Posted by hadokenuh
Are the prices for real or a joke? If it's a joke, I didn't get it

I agree that's how the RLX should be priced in the first place.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:34 PM

I also agree that's how the RLX should have been priced in the first place. I guess it is easier for a company to price a product high and then reduce the price than vice versa.
I ruled out the RLX because the exterior styling just didn't do it for me. The pricing was just the clincher. I agree that that this pricing might have helped with my consideration, but again the styling just didn't do it for me.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by GoHawks
I ruled out the RLX because the exterior styling just didn't do it for me. The pricing was just the clincher. I agree that that this pricing might have helped with my consideration, but again the styling just didn't do it for me.
I must admit the styling of the RLX is a little bit "plain." However, I think the RLX's styling only needs a little bit of "seasoning" (body molding, splash guards, etc.) to enhance the look to an acceptable level. On the other hand, there are cars out there that I think are over-styled. Once a car is over-styled, you can't "un-season" it.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts
I like the styling of the RLX because it doesn't stand out or show off or say I am rich. I guess it's also its weakness but it depends on what you value most. I also like the interior styling and space very much, specially the back seats. It was quiet during my test drive; however it was a bit bumpy with the 19"s.

For the money, I'd buy a GS350 or a 5-series or even a slightly used LS460. I guess I can wait until the day it's sold at invoice minus 2-3K incentives plus conquest/royalty
Old 07-25-2013, 04:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 937 Likes on 487 Posts
Originally Posted by GoHawks
I think you're missing the point. There is no doubt that the build quality is top notch in the RLX just like it was in the previous RL and the performance is more than adequate. Let's face it, most of us never completely exploit the performance abilities in today's cars (Who really NEEDS a 560 hp Mustang?). Also with respect to the technology, the previous gen RL ws cutting edge when it was introduced, but none of those things helped the RL succeed in the long run. It was an under appreciated car and when the prices started to drop it was a great deal for many of us (I loved mine for the entire 6 years and 95K miles I owned mine). The issue that has been discussed here though is that Acura has struggled to develop a flagship vehicle that can compete with the rest.

The RLX will most likely have a cult following from people who appreciate the car for what it is as you do with your car and many of us did with the previous generation, but unfortunately it looks like it will be relegated to being a niche car like its predecessor.

Congrats on the car and enjoy!
Thanks!

And you have very valid points. But I think their in lies the very reason why I love the car...because it is a niche vehicle that is unique in itself. The one thing I can't stand is how everywhere I look, it's nothing but "me too" Beamers, Mercedes, Lexus, Audi, everywhere. I prefer to stand-out, be unique, with something that catches the eye. None of those other cars catch the eye because there everywhere! I'm not looking to be a "lemming". Beamers and all the rest may as be just as ubiquitous as an Accord or Toyota for that matter. I want something that carries the same quality, luxury and feature as those other cars, but let's me stand-out and say I don't have to be like everyone else. And that's exactly what I got with my RLX. I haven't seen a single one in my area (North Atlanta) in the month+ that I've had mine. And I love that fact. I love pulling up to the "others" and making a statement with a car that stands out to be different. And that is exactly what the RLX brings in it's design, features, and overall look-n-feel.

I remember clearly the one-single picture that sold me on the RLX...http://www.acura.com/RLX/2014/Photos...e-brick-wall-9. That picture capture the essence of what the RLX is...a perfect blend of high-end luxury with sleek stylish elegant futurism built into it's body design. And that's what I see every time I look at mine.

Has anyone bothered to think for a second that maybe Acura doesn't want or have to compete with the RLX? Maybe they make enough profit on all the other vehicles allowing them to design the RLX as such that it is catered towards the niche buyer, to create a cult following and for the "outsider" looking for something different. The same as the NSX, it's not meant to be a vehicle to compete in the market. It's meant to be a vehicle for the esoteric buyer looking for something different from the rest of the crowd....

Anyways, that's my viewpoint on it. Again, I could have easily gone with BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, or Audi, and in the end, the RLX is what stood out to me as something that dares to be different.
The following 2 users liked this post by holografique:
2011TL (07-25-2013), victorber (07-25-2013)
Old 07-25-2013, 05:01 PM

I must admit the styling of the RLX is a little bit "plain." However, I think the RLX's styling only needs a little bit of "seasoning" (body molding, splash guards, etc.) to enhance the look to an acceptable level. On the other hand, there are cars out there that I think are over-styled. Once a car is over-styled, you can't "un-season" it.
Now, I went from the RL to the CTS coupe which is hardly understated. I have never driven a car in my adult life that has elicited so much attention, stares and compliments. I didn't buy it for the attention, I just loved the styling enough to take a chance on the reliability.

Now I'm not saying that the RLX had to have that kind of "in your face" styling as my current car has, just a little more styling than anonymous which was what I felt the RLX was. Then again I thought the 2nd gen RL was very sporty when it came out and now everyone calls it boring, although compared to the 1st gen RL it was much different.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:07 PM

Thanks!

And you have very valid points. But I think their in lies the very reason why I love the car...because it is a niche vehicle that is unique in itself. The one thing I can't stand is how everywhere I look, it's nothing but "me too" Beamers, Mercedes, Lexus, Audi, everywhere. I prefer to stand-out, be unique, with something that catches the eye. None of those other cars catch the eye because there everywhere! I'm not looking to be a "lemming". Beamers and all the rest may as be just as ubiquitous as an Accord or Toyota for that matter. I want something that carries the same quality, luxury and feature as those other cars, but let's me stand-out and say I don't have to be like everyone else. And that's exactly what I got with my RLX. I haven't seen a single one in my area (North Atlanta) in the month+ that I've had mine. And I love that fact. I love pulling up to the "others" and making a statement with a car that stands out to be different. And that is exactly what the RLX brings in it's design, features, and overall look-n-feel.

I remember clearly the one-single picture that sold me on the RLX...http://www.acura.com/RLX/2014/Photos...e-brick-wall-9. That picture capture the essence of what the RLX is...a perfect blend of high-end luxury with sleek stylish elegant futurism built into it's body design. And that's what I see every time I look at mine.

Has anyone bothered to think for a second that maybe Acura doesn't want or have to compete with the RLX? Maybe they make enough profit on all the other vehicles allowing them to design the RLX as such that it is catered towards the niche buyer, to create a cult following and for the "outsider" looking for something different. The same as the NSX, it's not meant to be a vehicle to compete in the market. It's meant to be a vehicle for the esoteric buyer looking for something different from the rest of the crowd....

Anyways, that's my viewpoint on it. Again, I could have easily gone with BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, or Audi, and in the end, the RLX is what stood out to me as something that dares to be different.
All the same reasons why I bought the 2nd gen RL back in 2006, also the reason why I bought my CTS coupe. You see a ton of regular CTS', but few coupes.

I agree that BMWs, especially the 3 and 5 series seem to be a dime-a-dozen and that they're everywhere.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:52 PM
RLX Advanced #3606

The prices I posted were what I used to negotiate with the dealer, no joke, Acura offered the additional $2500.00 in loyalty but had it not been for a dealership Internet POC I would not have known about the program, also that program ended on July 20th.

miner (07-26-2013)
Old 07-26-2013, 05:02 AM
Racer

Received 221 Likes on 140 Posts

Flame Suite On!!!!!!!!
My understanding is that the $2,500 Acura Loyalty/Conquest is only applicable to the RLX with Tech package and it expires the beginning of September.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:15 AM

The prices I posted were what I used to negotiate with the dealer, no joke, Acura offered the additional $2500.00 in loyalty but had it not been for a dealership Internet POC I would not have known about the program, also that program ended on July 20th.

Again, those are competitive prices. My CTS coupe had a $52K MSRP when I bought it last year.

This included A 3.6L 318 hp V6 and AWD. I also got the Premium (top) level trim package that includes heated/cooled seats, navigation, Navtraffic (weather), remote start, rain sensing wipers, heated and dimming mirrors, power telscoping steering with Memory along with mirror and seats, Blind Spot Monitoring, keyless entry and ignition, upgraded stereo that includes a 40gb HDD to store music and timeshift (like a DVR), Adaptive HID Headlights, moonroof and OnStar with OnStar Remote Link that allows remote start through cellular (further away) and the sending of destinations to the vehicle.

I am sure I am leaving out other features, but I think I hit the big ones. The only thing i didnt get was a sport package that I think came with paddle shifters, Recaro seats and 19" wheels and a track suspension setup that was another couple grand. I don't recall, but I don't think that package was available with AWD. You can still shift manually or move it over to sport mode where it will shift more aggressively. Sport mode works well and better than if you shifted manually.

Nonetheless, like I said it had a $52K MSRP. After negotiating, having a friend extend his employee discount and then getting a conquest discount I think I paid around $48K out the door.

Bigger discounts can be had now with the new CTS around the corner, although the coupe will continue on for another year. The new CTS will be much more expensive.

The prices for the RLX are right in the range I paid. While my CTS has AWD, the RLX has newer technology like LKAS and newer NAV (the tech in the current gen CTS was 4 years old when I bought mine), so the RLX is very competitive, I just didn't love the looks enough to buy it.

Last edited by GoHawks; 07-26-2013 at 11:22 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by GoHawks:
jhr3uva90 (07-26-2013), miner (07-26-2013)
Old 07-26-2013, 09:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Nice pricing there.

Only thing missing is the thing this previous RL owner wants: The RLX hybrid SH-AWD. Only less than six weeks and counting until the embargo is over......
GoHawks (07-26-2013)
Old 07-27-2013, 08:59 AM
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts
Thanks!

I agree totally. After 6 weeks with my Pomegranate Tech, I am thrilled with every aspect of my car. Handling is superb and the car is extremely quiet. Real world gas mileage has been terrific, with highway MPG over 32 on long trips and overall 27.
Those that have not test driven this car should give it a try rather than relying on the opinions of the automotive press.
victorber (07-28-2013)
Old 07-27-2013, 02:45 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks!

I'm pretty sure I see your car on Peachtree Rd all the time.

The RLX is instantly noticeable with its Jewel Eye headlights.
victorber (03-22-2014)
Old 07-27-2013, 04:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

I test drove the new MDX today. While there, I looked at the RLX in white and dark grey. I must say, the aesthetics of the RLX are growing on me. The car is actually quite attractive!

Quick Reply: Does anybody love this car?