AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1G RL (1996-2004) (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-rl-1996-2004-77/)
-   -   Alarm system is going crazy. (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-rl-1996-2004-77/alarm-system-going-crazy-497784/)

MeehowsBRZ 05-16-2006 12:14 PM

Alarm system is going crazy.

My alarm system went off at least ten times on sunday for no apparent reason so I disconnected the battery to see if that would reset the alarm system. But when I reconnected the battery last night, the alarm went off 4 times before I disconnected the battery again.

Any suggestions as to what might be going on or how to deal with it?

Ken1997TL 05-16-2006 06:54 PM

Sometimes the sensor that connects to the hoodlatch goes bad. This might not be the case, but its worth a look.

chitownRLer 05-17-2006 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by mikeschicagoRL
My alarm system went off at least ten times on sunday for no apparent reason so I disconnected the battery to see if that would reset the alarm system. But when I reconnected the battery last night, the alarm went off 4 times before I disconnected the battery again.

Any suggestions as to what might be going on or how to deal with it?

mine I thought did this too before but it stopped doing it on its own(maybe i haven't been around while it was doing this).....It went off twice for no reason in the past 6 months....

is there a way to know if your car alarm went off while you were gone, when you get back to the car???

MeehowsBRZ 05-17-2006 12:19 PM

This happened to me before about a month ago. The alarm went off four times. At that point in time I thought it was due to the fact that it had been raining the previous couple of days and I figured the alarm sensors where affected by the moisture.

MeehowsBRZ 05-22-2006 06:09 PM

The alarm system randomly fixed itself. :confused: I dont know if i should be happy or even more irrated, because theres no visible problems with any aspect of my car. I guess i'll just have to pray that it doesnt go haywire again.

chitownRLer 05-23-2006 09:22 AM

i'm in the same boat! Unless you wanna pay arm and a leg to go to the stealership to get it checked out, only for them to tell you that there is nothing wrong with it!!!

just keep an eye on it i guess.....that's what i've been doing and it hasn't happened for me in a while!

bobcov 05-29-2006 11:33 AM

After dead battery, problem with tilt and mirrors

Re-entered the radio code after the battery died due to a peculiar glitch which allows the headlights to stay on if you exit the car from the passenger side. However, the up and down on the tilt steering and some of the movement functions of the right side mirror have stopped working. Any ideas?

MeehowsBRZ 05-30-2006 02:18 PM

Before i changed my battery the steering wheel and drives seat would adjust to the specific settings that i had them at. Since i replaced the old battery neither one adjusts itself as it did before. I think since im the only one who drives the car now and i have the seat adjustment saved into the seat memory thats why the seat doesnt move when i start the car, but im not quite sure about the steering column.

bobcov 05-31-2006 05:52 PM

Reset by disconnecting the battery and shorting + -

My tilt steering and right side mirror are functioning normally again after I disconnected both the plus and minus terminals from the battery and tied the two together for about a minute. Just to be clear, I did NOT tie the plus and minus of the battery. That would be a very bad thing to do. I tied together the postive and negative leads goiing to the battery AFTER removing them from the battery. I put them back on the battery (negative first) after about a minute and all my missing functions were restored.

-Bob

Cheryl Toronto 05-31-2006 08:11 PM

Alarm going crazy

I have had the same problem when every it rains very heavy and I have taken it to the dealer at least 4 times and they think it is using the remote to lock my doors cuases problems when the sensors are wet. I now try to remember to lock the doors manually and this seems to have helped. The other problem that occurs when it rains is that I can not remove the key from the ignition. It turns off but not to the full position to remove it. This happened today and it had to sit all day and then only after I drove home would it come out. Again the dealer has no idea. Has this happened to you or anyone?
Thanksl

MeehowsBRZ 06-01-2006 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cheryl Toronto
............... The other problem that occurs when it rains is that I can not remove the key from the ignition. It turns off but not to the full position to remove it. This happened today and it had to sit all day and then only after I drove home would it come out. Again the dealer has no idea. Has this happened to you or anyone?
Thanksl

This is the first time ive ever heard that the key gets stuck in the ignition. The closest thing like that that has ever happened to me was my key not turning to the second position after i put it in, and in those cases i just took my key out and tried it again.