AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G RL Tires, Wheels & Suspension (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-tires-wheels-suspension-92/)
-   -   05-08 RL Aspec alignment problem (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-tires-wheels-suspension-92/05-08-rl-aspec-alignment-problem-881778/)

Michael Huerta 03-01-2013 08:45 PM

05-08 RL Aspec alignment problem

I recently bought a used 05 RL. It has an aspec kit which is eating inside of tires. Mainly in rear. Shop tells me they can align but wont fix problem, that I need to go back to stock suspension. I know this can't be. Does anyone know what parts I need to buy to fix alignment and where I can find them? I live hr South of Houston. These guys only work on trucks.

ichi d 03-01-2013 09:07 PM

there's your answer. you said they only work on trucks. so why dont you take it to another shop that actually works on cars and see what they say.

i have the aspec kit and had no issues with it whats so ever.

Michael Huerta 03-01-2013 09:32 PM

Ive taken it to 3 shops aound here all refer me to another. One refered to body shop to check frame. Frame is perfect. I guess I need to go to houston. Any recommendations

oo7spy 03-02-2013 11:07 AM

Ask these guys. You need an alignment. A dealer isn't very much more expensive either. I had a coupon a while back for $80 at the dealer.

https://acurazine.com/forums/texas-319/

Michael Huerta 03-02-2013 12:00 PM

Ok thanks

Michael Huerta 03-02-2013 09:25 PM

Recent update. Went to local Honda dealership today. They told me I need a front and rear camber kit because vehicle has been lowered to aspec suspension. Finding parts on eBay.

HEAVY_RL 03-02-2013 10:50 PM

that makes no sense, factory aspec cars do not have factory camber kits.

Did you question their logic on that one?

ichi d 03-03-2013 03:58 AM

i have aspec and i have no problems with tire wear. that dealership is clueless.

Maintenanceman 03-03-2013 07:14 AM

H&R`s here, no issues with tire wear.
Feels that somehow you have bumped to people who dont know anything about wheel alignments and how its done or how to check out if there is some faults.

oo7spy 03-03-2013 08:07 AM

I know South Houston is a shit hole, no offense OP, but WTF is wrong with the shops in your area? This is such a simple issue with such a simple solution.

EDIT: :ponder: UNLESS, maybe your car has a custom camber kit or modified ball joints.

Michael Huerta 03-03-2013 07:34 PM

Honda dealer says aspec suspension on mine is not factory. Im thinking whoever did it did a really crappy job and then just traded car, then I bought it.

HEAVY_RL 03-03-2013 08:38 PM

then its not Aspec... sucks you have to unwind someones issues.

ichi d 03-03-2013 10:04 PM

post a picture of your car so we can get an idea of how bad your drop is.

Matterberry 04-08-2013 09:22 PM

I have an all stock 2005 RL that has rear wheel alignment problem, wears the inside of rear tires. Tire shop has done max adjustment and still outside of specs. They suggested aftermarket rear camber kit but can't find one. Called Acura dealer and they suggested going to forums to find. Any help, suggestions would be great.

Carbon Legend 04-10-2013 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Matterberry (Post 14416235)
I have an all stock 2005 RL that has rear wheel alignment problem, wears the inside of rear tires. Tire shop has done max adjustment and still outside of specs. They suggested aftermarket rear camber kit but can't find one. Called Acura dealer and they suggested going to forums to find. Any help, suggestions would be great.

possibly some suspension damage from curbing, pothole or accident

HEAVY_RL 04-10-2013 10:40 PM

sweet a new thread and a post here... how about some pics.

Cristian Ionescu 09-07-2013 09:39 AM

sooooooooooooo I have an 2006 RL with the same rear -2 camber issue in the rear. Acura Dealership Service Dept said to check out the forums or buy aftermarket parts. SPC & Ingalls don't make anything for our cars...what did you end up doing Mike?

oo7spy 09-07-2013 10:08 AM

My God these dealerships are clueless. :whyme: There is no camber kit for the RL. If the car cannot be aligned to within spec, then something is broken.

alfadoctor 11-04-2013 01:43 AM

You would think the shops would know their head from a hole in the ground if they are a quality alignment shop. If it doesn't meet spec, then it needs to be adjusted. If it runs out of adjustment, then something is bend or worn out. Rubber parts don't last forever, especially in suspensions.
Take your car to the place where the top line cars (Mercedes, Lexus, Ferrari etc) go to get alignments and stop dinking around with people that only know Fords, Chevy's, Toyotas etc.

Mr.RL 11-07-2013 07:52 PM

if cambers out then you have control arm issues which isn't uncommon in acuras and it happens to suck that you can't just get a camber kit for the rear or front for that matter. if it were me id take it to an ACURA dealer and ask for the most experienced tech to take a look at and get a loaner car so they can have the proper time to look at it and do the proper measurements. it helps when the tech has time to look at it and doesn't have anyone breathing down his neck for an answer

Frenetic 11-08-2013 01:23 PM

Reading this thread makes me a bit nervous.

Coincidentally, I'm noticing heavy inside tire wear. One tire is way worse than the others and in fact, was the reason why I had to buy two new tires.

I never really noticed it before and not sure what wheel is causing it because I get my tires rotated every time I get my car serviced and only noticed it a few weeks ago when my car was parked at an angle.

My car is completely stock, I got it brand new and never curbed it as far as I can remember. I'm taking it in to do the A13 service and an alignment. I've never had my car aligned ever btw, since I got it in 2006. It still has the factory brakes at 87k miles and every time the dealer looks at them, they tell me I'm still good.

Here's to hoping I have a simple toe alignment problem.

Mr.RL 11-08-2013 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Frenetic (Post 14744398)
Reading this thread makes me a bit nervous.

Coincidentally, I'm noticing heavy inside tire wear. One tire is way worse than the others and in fact, was the reason why I had to buy two new tires.

I never really noticed it before and not sure what wheel is causing it because I get my tires rotated every time I get my car serviced and only noticed it a few weeks ago when my car was parked at an angle.

My car is completely stock, I got it brand new and never curbed it as far as I can remember. I'm taking it in to do the A13 service and an alignment. I've never had my car aligned ever btw, since I got it in 2006. It still has the factory brakes at 87k miles and every time the dealer looks at them, they tell me I'm still good.

Here's to hoping I have a simple toe alignment problem.

Its No Real Surprise You've Got Uneven Tire Wear Seeing As You've Never Had It Aligned In 7 Years And Over 87k Miles On It. Seeing As Acura Recommends Alignments Every 12months/15,000miles. Even So, Yours Is Probably Only A Toe Issue.

Frenetic 11-12-2013 06:20 AM

Alignment wasn't that bad with most readings within spec, although they did adjust camber and toe a little. It's a bit puzzling because the tire wear was really bad. I'm hoping whatever adjustment they did will fix the tire wear problem.

They found a cracked motor mount that will be replaced when I do the timing belt (free of charge except for the part price) and my brakes, at 87k miles, still have more than 2mm! The advisor asked me if I ever slam on the brakes...

rklein2 05-09-2016 09:42 AM

Hello all... new to this forum. Couldn't find a more recent thread so thought I'd add my question here. Have an 05 RL and I'm looking to upgrade to aspec suspension. Acura no longer sells the kit 08w60-sja-200 and searching online only uncovers parts for three corners minus the front driver. Anyone know of where I might be able to find the complete kit? Thanks!

oo7spy 05-09-2016 06:08 PM

eBay has been the best bet for most members.

rklein2 05-09-2016 08:58 PM

Thanks... tried there also. Guess I'm just going to go with oem.

oo7spy 05-10-2016 06:48 PM

Thing about eBay is there will be nothing for weeks and then a bunch will show up at once. :dunno:

RaZzLe_84 10-07-2022 06:47 PM

Kb1 front camber kit

So I recently installed A front camber kit on my 2006 acura RL.. The part I used was the upper control arm camber kit from a 2009 acura TL and it fit perfectly!!! I have Megan Racing coilovers currently installed and after lowering the car I was at a negative 3, But once I installed the new camber kit I'm now at -.06 in which I can still go out a little more.. but It
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...2e2edfee80.jpg
09 TL camber kit on my 06 RL... perfect fit!!!
definitely feels great knowing my car and tires will be happy 😊